Yay! No more breathing tube! He did it!
The docs decided to wait until this morning to extubate, just to be cautious. If it didn't go well there is always a larger staff on to help during the day. Mason is doing very well and much happier to have the tube out. He will slowly be weened back off the nasal cannula again.
The DSA (donor specific antigens) blood test results have not come back yet. We should have the results later today.
Biopsy is scheduled next Tuesday.
Mason will stay in the CVICU at least through post-biopsy.
I get to hold Mason now. The first time since last Friday morning. We are both very excited for the snuggle time!
I'll try to update later today with the antibody level results.
Loves to our family back home! We miss you! xoxoxo