What did Mason accomplish today?
- Both chest tubes removed!
- Lungs look great! ( chest x-ray'ed)
- Heart function is excellent! (echo'ed)
- Off high flow O2! (Just regular cannula at 1 liter and weaning ....)
- Ate 7 bites of applesauce! (He's refused all food since August)
- Said "please" and "thank you" at least 25+ times today to get more ice chips! (verbally and w/ sign language)
- Scope of vocal chords showed no permanent damage! (The left one is slightly weaker, so we will stick with thicker liquids and food while it heals.)
- Took a bath (sort of) and was very excited to played in the water!
- Dressed in clean PJ's!
- Said "love you" to Mommy!
Today is day 4( Round II) of the plasmapheresis and ATG. I sure hope it is wiping out those mean antibodies this time!!! Tomorrow will be a big day. Mason will go to the cath lab at 8 am for his biopsy. They will also look at the pressures in his heart while they do his cath/ biopsy and remove his RA central line he has had in since his transplant surgery. We should have stat (quick) results of the biopsy by tomorrow night to know the status of his rejection.
After biopsy, in the afternoon he will have his 5th (Round II) plasmapheresis treatment followed by a very large dose of IVIG. Then another antibody blood test will be taken. Those results will probably be back Wednesday night.
We pray and hope that both the biopsy and the antibody level tests will bring us good news.
BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!
TRUST IN HIM AND HIS PLAN!
Quote of the Day:
(A special heart mommy sent me this quote and I love it! Thank you!)