Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Surgery Started

Just a very quick update.....

Mason was taken to the OR at 1:40. NO tears from the little guy even. With a little help of Versed given about 15 minutes before to help with any separation anxiety, he let the anesthesiologist take him into the OR riding in his favorite hospital mode of transportation, a wagon.

At 2:50 we got an update that it took about an hour to prep him, get an IV started, and an ART (arterial line used to monitor blood pressure) placed. Then at 2:40 the initial incision was made to begin the surgery.

The surgery should take until about 4:30. At that time Dr. Smith will come and give us a final update. Hopefully soon after that we will get to see Mason in the PICU, where he will be recovering.

Thank you for all you kind thoughts and prayers!!! I will update again this evening.

5 comments:

Kaidence's Mommy said...

I just left that place....I wish I had seen this sooner. Prayers for Mason!!!!

Allison said...

I hope that you are getting some good news while I type this and that Mason's PICU recovery is short and uneventful!

Katie said...

What happened? I do not see a post about why he is in surgery???

Lacey said...

Prayers for your sweet boy!!

cici said...

Thinking of little Mason and saying a Prayer for his recovery to go well.
~hugs~