Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thank you

Our family has been so blessed with love, support, and kind acts of service since Mason was born and diagnosed with his heart disease (and before that as well, since we had realized Ammon had special needs)! I want all those to know that have done and still do such kind and helpful things for our family...nothing goes unnoticed and we are truly grateful for everything. It all helps lighten our load and add some sunshine into our lives!!




I need to tell you about two very special people and the priceless gift they gave to our family. These two ladies I had never met, but now will forever remember their example of kindness and service. One day a couple weeks ago I received a comment on Mason's blog from Jana or better known as "The Meanest Mom" (a hilarious Mom Blogger from Philadelphia). She said she had come across Mason's blog and that she wanted to do something nice for our family, so to please e-mail her right away, and gave me her e-mail address. Long story short....over the next hour we e-mailed back and forth and talked on the phone. She explained that her and Wendy from Blue Lily Photography had a gift for us. They were giving us FREE, absolutely FREE family pictures!! (Click on the bold words to link to their web sites)




I was smitten by the generosity of these two perfect strangers. The amazing thing was that I really wanted and needed pictures of Mason. I'd never had professional pictures taken of Mason or of our family since Mason had been born. When I checked out Blue Lily's web sight I was absolutely in "aw" over the extremely talented photographer (whom is well known all over the U.S.) that was going to take our pictures!!!




Wendy was only in Utah for a few days, but we were so grateful she fit us in her busy schedule. We are also grateful for the rain storm that caused our first appointment to be canceled and extended her stay. Originally half our family was out of town, so I was just going to get Mason and Ammon's pictures taken. When she extended her stay 2 days, my family came home so we were actually able to get pictures with all of us after all. Her and her husband were wonderful and I can't wait to see the photos. I will post some when we get then back in 2 weeks. Jana "The Meanest Mom", who lined it all up, just asked me to pay the kindness forward someday. And that I promise to do for sure!!! Thank you so much Jana and Wendy :-)



Another thank you goes out to Stephanie, someone else I didn't know, but is an aunt of one of Mason's very special heart buddies. She gave Mason's blog a much needed 'face-lift'! Isn't it so cute?!! I love it! She also did some other photo-shop projects for me. I am very grateful to her for sharing her time and talents with us!



Life would be much more difficult for our family with the trials we have been given, without great friends, family, and even those we don't know who support , love, and offer us service! THANK YOU for sharing some sunshine with us.

2 comments:

Munchkin said...

I think Mason should be called Angel Mason. He is super sweet and always seems to have been touched by an angel.

♥Stef said...

I can't wait to see your family pictures. What a perfect gift!
I am glad there are a few little things we can all help you with since you have such a full plate!