Thursday, November 27, 2008

Mason's First Thanksgiving

A year ago on Thanksgiving I was at the point in my pregnancy that I was anxious to have the baby (but not due until Dec 21). I was ready to be done with the nausea, puking and migraines!! Although, as I look back now if I had known what my poor baby was going to go through and the hardships we would face, I know I would not have been so anxious to have him born early (not that I could have controlled that though really). I would have stayed pregnant as long as possible. He was much safer inside of me!

Also, little did I know how grateful I would be that my baby would live to see his first Thanksgiving! I have realized how much we take for granted when we have healthy babies and children. Normally, we wouldn't think twice about the miracle of reaching each first holiday and each birthday.

So on this special Thanksgiving day little Miracle Mason I want to tell you how grateful Mommy, Daddy, your sister, and brothers are to have you in our lives! We are grateful for your health and strength, as good as could be with only half a heart!!!

Please hug your little ones and cherish every holiday you have together.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are so thankful for all your love and support. We are so thankful for the service continually given to our family. We will feel forever in debt for all the service we have recieved, but hope to pay it forward someday!

1 comment:

Keri Bryant said...

Sum,
You have become one of my heroines! I am amazed at how much you have on your plate, but not surprised that Heavenly Father chose someone like you to love and care for Miracle Mason, and a little fireball like Ammon sounds like. He knew that the girl who was up at the crack of dawn to study or work ou; who got almost all A's; who was kind to all and surprised dear friends with frozen yogurt and cards, who excelled at teaching because kids flocked to her; who watched her mom bring her baby brothers into the world,; who wanted to be a mommy all her life... is the same girl getting only a few hours of sleep a night and who is grateful for the sweetness and blessing - in spite of the challenges - of each of her five kids. You are the supermom, Sum. Remember, it is OK to cry; just remember that you are not alone and that you are loved.
By ME, especially!
You are in my thoughts and prayers, too!
I love and miss you!
xxxx
Keri