Saturday, July 12, 2008

Crazy Times

Mason continues to do well at home. And he is happy if he is being held (usually by me), nursing, or swinging (but he'll let you know when he needs to be held again after about 10 min!!) . What a little spoiled stinker, but oh how we love him. He is so happy to be off oxygen during the day, me too, and during the middle of the night he usually manages to get it off somehow. He hasn't turned blue on us (and his sats are okay), so I think he's fine without it at night also! I'm just following doctor's orders. We've been going out for walks and he loves to be outside and see what's going on.

The week got quite crazy when I got a phone call from Ammon's preschool teacher (by the way Joanna you are so great). Poor little guy was puking at school! So. then I had to borrow a neighbor's car to go pick him up. Sammi (my awesome helper) was at the dentist with my other 3 kids with the Suburban and Mark was at work. And to top it off, Ammon had to miss out on 7 peaks waterpark that day. Sammi and her family (Our sweet neighbors the Sneeds) took my kids and Ammon had to stay home with Mason and I. So then I spent the rest of the day cleaning up throw-up and "the other stuff" too, cleaning carpet, sheets etc while holding Mason and trying to comfort Ammon. And the germephobe that I have become went through a whole container of Lysol wipes! Mason would not do well if he caught whatever bug it is! Hopefully Ammon does not have that awful chrypto parasite from swimming.

Also, some how that day I packed Katlin, Preston, & Braiden's suitcases for their trip to Cali to stay with Aunt Tiff and Uncle Preston. They are going to surf camp next week in SanClemente, my old tromping grounds. I am so jealous. I was just too scared to take Mason that far from his doctors and Primary's this year. There is always next year. Mom loves you K, P, & B! Have so much fun! You guys deserve it. You are such good helpers at home.

Once again, I am so grateful for life, especially Mason's!

ps. We are planning a fundraiser run called "Miles for Mason" tentatively set for Sept. 27th. I will post more details soon and info about volunteering. Just a little "heads up".

ppss. I have several cans of that expensive Progestimil formula that Mason will not touch and I can not return it. Does anyone need it???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer you were always stronger than the average!! Keep it up.. What an awesome mother you are! so glad Mason is doing well...

Luv

Stacy

Traci said...

Hi Sum...I have been checking on Mason's blog often and am so glad he's doing so well. You all are in out prayers every night and I am just amazed by your strengh. Maybe next year when you make it out to San Clemente, we can catch up! We are thinking of you...
Traci

Camille Bailey Aagard said...

Summer!
TELL ME it wasn't the crypto crap!! Is Ammon better now? I'm a germ-a-phobe too, (this morning my 2 yr old took my baby's face in her hands and sneezed her new cold all over her), and we don't have a Mason. Your poor nerves...