Sorry for the lack of posts this week.
Usually, no news is good news!
Thank goodness that this is the case thus far this week.
I'd been waiting to get the results from Mason's DSA antibody tests from Monday night so I could post those, but still nothing has beck as of tonight! I guess the fact that Mason's transplant cardiologist didn't ask for the results to be on the fast track means they aren't as worried about Mason as they were 2 and 3 weeks ago. This is good! I'm just anxious!!
I also don't want to jinx myself, so I'm not going to announce Mason's estimated discharge date until it's said and done!! But it is soon! Not home to Utah of course but at least out of the hospital. We both have severe Hospital Cabin fever, as I'm sure you can imagine. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks from Mason being admitted to the hospital and the beginning of our very long sleepover!
Mason has been working with physical therapy to get some of his strength back and occupational therapy to get him eating by mouth again. We are seeing progress in both areas! Baby steps!!
Mason looks forward to getting in his stroller several times a day and going for walks. But, honestly how many laps can you really make around the third floor of the hospital w/ out going crazy?!! I'm ready for a real stroller RUN out in the sunshine!!! But if walking laps around the third floor cheers up my brave-heart little one, then that's what I'll continue to do for now!!
I will update with the DSA results hopefully tomorrow.
Please pray that Mason will not experience any more rejection so that he can continue to recover and we can return HOME to our family in Utah soon. (At least some time in July as planned!)