Sunday, May 9, 2010

For the Love of Motherhood


On this Mother's day I am very grateful to be "Mommy" to these 5 beautiful children:

(June 2009)




I have a poem I want to dedicate to my 5 kiddos who make it possible for me to be a Mother, my mom, Mark's mom, and all other mom's out there this day. Happy Mother's Day!


Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys

or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not

my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.

Pooed on.

Chewed on.

Peed on.

I had complete control of my mind

and my thoughts.

I slept all night
.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child

so doctors could do tests.

Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night

watching a baby sleep
.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because

I didn't want to put her down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces

when I couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew that something so small

could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom
.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of

having my heart outside my body..

I didn't know how special it could feel

to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond

between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small

could make me feel so important and happy
.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth,

the joy,

the love,

the heartache,

the wonderment

or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,

before I was a Mom

As moms may we always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God
rather than by the cares of life!!!

I hope all "Mommy"s around the world have had a nice day surrounded by love and kindness!



This morning my family at home made yummy
Mother's Day pancakes and sent me a picture!
Wish Mason and I had been there to celebrate
with them, but it's the thought that counts!!


But since this Mother's Day we are apart,
I found joy in the miracle that our Mason
really is! I found joy in every moment we've
had together this special day. And most of all
I found joy in Mason's many smiles today. He
is finally getting back to his happy little self, little
by little!!! Here's one of my Mother's Day Smiles:


Mason has been much more content since we moved up to the third floor Friday evening. He is doing great with his O2 sats, blood pressure, heart rate, and his energy is starting to pick back up again! He is testing bites of new foods everyday too, but potato chips are still his favorite right now (french fries are in 2nd place.........not too healthy?!! That's ok! At this point, we just want him to learn to eat by mouth again!)



Tomorrow Mason will receive a large dose IVIg infusion treatment. This is to try and train his plasma to quit making the bad rejecting antibodies! DSA and HLA antibody blood tests will be run before and after the treatment. So by Wednesday morning we will know more about our plan of action and a possible discharge date from the hospital, depending Mason's antibody %'s.



Again I want to say how grateful I am for Motherhood! And I am very grateful to Mark, Sammi, Grandma's, Aunts, and neighbors who are helping fulfill my duties back home! I couldn't do this without you!



I will leave you "momma"'s out there with one last quote:



And THANK YOU to Kailtin, Preston, Braiden, Ammon, and Mason for being the BEST kids in the WHOLE WORLD! I am proud to be your mom!

(October 2009)


Happy Mother's Day!!!!

6 comments:

Pamela Wiscombe said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Summer. You are amazing and your strength and faith are helping many people. When you get home we can celebrate Mother's Day all over again.Glad Mason is doing so well. Lots of love from Utah. :)

Stefenie said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I love the pictures of your kids. They are adorable!

Still praying for Mason!

Anonymous said...

Sum- Just wanted to wish you a happy late mothers day. I have just been reading on the blog and i am glad mason is doing better. I need to leave a comment every time i come on cause i come on mason's blog about everyday. I am sorry i have been a little to caught up in planning for the wedding, but wanted to let you know that i still continue to pray for mason every morning and night ( and at breakfast and dinner when i remember to bless the food:) But anyway I am praying that you guys can be home for the wedding.

But every time I pray for Mason I remember what a miracle it was to have all of us there that weekend. I will never forget it. It honestly was such a miracle, and thats why I know that you guys are going to be able to come home soon. Heavenly Father has you in his perfect plan. Love you guys and hope to see you soon!!! Love Bridgette

Bob and Joan said...

For several days I have been seeing Mason running and playing in a grassy back yard. Your Mother's Day picture of all the children is perfect. It has that nice balance of shade and sun on green grass that creates a beautiful summer day. I will keep this picture in my mind as I pray for Mason's speedy recovery and return to his family home where everyday pleasures are the best part of life.

Shaina said...

It seems we have a mutual blog reader, who directed me to your site. Thank you for sharing your story. Our baby boy was born in NOvember with a broken heart as well. We are in the process of planning for his third heart surgery..the Glenn...in June.

Best of luck to your sweet boy and his new heart. I'm so excited for you!

The Simmons Family said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day. I'm sure it was hard being away from your other 4 babies and hubby, but look at that smile on Mason's face!! I'm sure seeing his happy self come back is exciting! :)

Praying that you get out of there soon and home by July!