Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sunshine and Springtime



Now that the stress is over of getting Mason listed for heart transplant, we have entered the next page of this chapter...............The Waiting Game!!! It seems like a dream that we are actually waiting to get Miracle Mason a new perfect heart, his perfect heart, the heart that will give him a new chance at life.


As we wait.......
Everyday we go out for a walk (or two) to find some beautiful California sunshine! Even with the recent rainy weather we've had we can always find a few rays of sunshine sneaking through the rain clouds, as well as some gorgeous rainbows. Mason actually loves to go walking in the rain. He laughs and laughs as the rains falls upon his face! The sunshine (and the rain) help us smile as we await this perfect heart, missing our family and home so far away.



As we're out walking I've loved admiring all the spring flowers and trees that are blossoming here. Life is usually so busy at home that "taking time to smell the flowers", let alone admire them, doesn't happen much......so, this we've been enjoying as well.



Speaking of flowers, Shiela one of my new friends here (Mason and I are living in the apartment behind her home) brought me a vase full of daffodils which had not opened yet and with it came a little slip of paper which said "...if put in fresh water these soon will open bringing you a smile and a touch of springtime". And that they have done! They have opened with beautiful yellow smiling blossoms bringing our little 'home way from home' some sunshine and some springtime as we WAIT.



Our little 'home away from home' is also adorned with pictures of our family back home and several drawings sent to us from Mason's biggest fans; his big sis Kaitlin and his 3 big brothers Preston, Braiden, and Ammon. I also put a little book together with pictures of our family that we look at often and Mason is practicing saying every one's names.



We feel the love and prayers from so many. This honestly helps us find the sunshine each day of this journey. Thank you , thank you!!



I want to leave you with one my favorite poems and lately I've read it daily:

Put Your Trust in God

By President Gordon B. Hinckley

It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is.
It all works out. Don’t worry.
I say that to myself every morning.
It will all work out.
Put your trust in God,
and move forward with faith
and confidence in the future.
The Lord will not forsake us.
He will not forsake us.
If we will put our trust in Him,
if we will pray to Him,
if we will live worthy of His blessings,
He will hear our prayers.

(From the funeral program for Marjorie Pay Hinckley, April 10, 2004; see also “Latter-day Counsel,” Ensign, Oct. 2000, 73.)


I know the Lord hears our prayers, if we trust, he will not forsake us! I just have to remind myself often. I will continue to go forward in our "leap of faith" with trust in Him, as well as find the sunshine each day as we wait (even if it's raining)!

With Love,

Summer and Mason



And just a few last matters of business.

***We have a new address because we've been invited to stay with the Brand Family in the apartment behind their home instead of returning to the Ronald Mcdonald House. For this we are very grateful.

1401 Edgewood Dr, Palo Alto, CA, 94301

***Many people have e-mailed me asking me to post if there is anything we need right now. Besides donations to Mason's trust fund (which is located on the sidebar of the blog) to help with present and future out-of-pocket medical bills, we would also be very grateful to anyone who has flight miles they could gift our family so that Mark and the Kiddos can come visit Mason and I.


Until next time............



9 comments:

Em said...

I wish I had sky miles. I would happily sign them over to you. Maybe I could post about Mason on my blog and put the word out there for the need for sky miles and donations. Praying for miracles,
Emily and family

The Simmons Family said...

Summer... you just made my day! I love that poem and I love the optimism! I am so happy that you found a family to stay with instead of the RMH. We continue to pray for you, Mason and your family so far away.

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Love that little 'poem' from President Hinckley! He was always such an optimist. Still thinking and praying for you daily!

Victoria Nelson said...

we are so happy to hear that mason has been listed! justin and i stopped by lpch to drop off some treats for the cvicu, and we thought of you guys. maybe some day we will be able to meet in person =)
continued prayers!
much love,
victoria

Tasha said...

I can just imagine Mason giggling in the rain. :) There's a saying that I love "Life isn't about avoiding the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain". You guys are doing just that. While your situation isn't one you would wish upon yourself or anyone, you are making the best of it.

Jenny said...

Your positive attitude and outlook is such an inspiration. I am praying that the day comes soon when your little man will get his new heart. He is absolutely adorable, by the way! :) :)

Jennifer said...

I love that you get to be where it is Spring so that you and Mason can enjoy being outside! :)

Heather Baskett said...

Thinking of your family and glad Mason is in a good place. Best wishes on a heart.

Sue Anne said...

I've been following your blog for a little while. I think I found you from Owen's blog. Turns out, you're staying with my visiting teacher. I actually live on the other side of the creek. :)