Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On the Mend



Mason was discharged yesterday!

Yay!

We are both very happy to be back home!

The IV antibiotics seemed to do the trick to start the mending process.

WBC and CRP levels are both back within normal ranges.

Mason came home on an oral antibiotic to finish the course.

Just in case the infection from 3 weeks ago (at Stanford) made a reappearance the docs prescribed an antibiotic he's never been on before (in hopes to kill any resistant bugs or in case Mason is immune to the more common antibiotics.)

Bugs and germs please stay away from our Mason!!!

We don't want anymore get-a-ways to the Hotel on the Hill anytime soon!

Thanks for your prayers and love :)


ps....I'm late on Mason's 32 month post (July 30th was the day). Hopefully I'll get to it in the next couple of days.



2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I'm glad you're home and I hope those germs stay AWAY!!

Keri Bryant said...

So glad you and Mason are doing well, Sum. It is so exciting to hear about the ZERO rejection of his little heart.
I am thinking of you this summer season as I know how much you live for the sun and outdoors and I hope you are enjoying what is left of down time with your sweet family before the craziness of school starts. You are an amazing mom and person and an inspiration to me everyday.
I love you a ton
Keri