It has been one of "those" weeks at our house!! Where do I start?
- our microwave broke beyond repair
- our dryer broke w/ a repair at $250+
- our vacuum broke w/ a repair at $200+
- I backed into neighbor girl's car (Yes I did! But it was dark and there was LOTS of snow.) w/ a repair at $????
- I can't get an answer from Stanford about whether Mason will be presented today at the Selective Meeting (w/ the Board of Transplant Dr.'s and Surgeons).
- Nor have I received any info about Dr. R's research of Mason's vein disease and need of a heart transplant to one lung.
- Mason's G-tube button continues to hurt him so I took him up to Primary's for an upper GI x-ray with contrast.......results: poor little guy has moderate to severe reflux!! What? Really? He didn't have any reflux before he had his G-tube put in! How long has he been in pain with this? I feel horrible!!!
- I can't hold back my tears as I leave Primary's (yesterday after the x-ray), because every time I'm there the words "I'm so sorry, but there is nothing more we can do for Mason" ring in my head from 'that' day of his heart cath in Sept.
As this week comes to an end, I can only hope for a better tomorrow, hope for Good News from Stanford, realize there are worse things that could have happened this week, count my blessings for how well Mason is really doing with how sick his heart and lung are, enjoy the smiles and laughter of all my kiddos, and do a little dancing in the rain (or snow).