Today, Mason will have a sedated Chest CT W/ an Angiogram at 11:30. This was requested my the doctors and surgeons and Stanford to get a good look at his left pulmonary veins (LPV's) which we found out were obstructed during his heart cath. And to make sure his lungs are healthy (well I guess really only his right lung his the healthy one) and clear of fluid or disease.
We will check in at 10am for his general anesthesia. (Which has to be done by a cardiac anesthesiologist.)
At around 12:30 I will hopefully receive GOOD NEWS! Meaning, NO BAD SURPRISES, and nothing which should give Stanford 2nd thoughts on Mason receiving a new heart going to his own right lung. I may not know everything today. I may have to wait until Dr. Rosenthall at Stanford receives his copy of the CT and angiogram. But hopefully today Dr. Everett and the Radiologist can interpret what they see at least.
Please PRAY with our family this day for a smooth sedation and good news after the CT.
Mason and I will travel to Stanford on December 2-4. On the 3rd we will have different appointments all day including meeting with Dr. Rosenthall about his final opinion on what is the best plan for our Mason.
(If you read a few post's ago that the 3rd of the month has brought us bad luck several times, then you might wonder why we are doing this on the 3rd??!! When Stanford normally has at least a 3 month wait or more for new patients, you take what you get and hope for the best!!! At least we are not flying on the 3rd though!)
I may not post any news about today until late tonight....Mason usually needs my undivided attention after a sedation. It makes him feel quite yucky :-(
I am very grateful for all of you who continue to send love and prayers our way!