As we await the survival of our most recent speed bump (finding medical insurance for Mason), we had to postpone our trip to Stanford. After spending many hours on the phone with our financial social workers from Lucille Packard and Primary Children's, with no news from medicaid or SSI yet, and putting my math skills to work........ I decided to wait until Mason is covered to go back to Stanford/ Lucille Packard for Mason's "6 month" check up.
Mason's transplant team at Stanford said it was okay to wait to come there, but that he still needed to have this month's IVIG treatment and biopsy whether it was there or at Primary's. Either way would cost us out of our own pocket, but the lesser would be Primary Children's. Amazingly, the more medical debt you have the more the hospital can help you out financially. Stanford has already discounted us a lot from March through June, but now it is Primary's turn to discount our bills!!!
Thus, here I am today with Mason at Primary's. He had his BIOPSY #9 this morning and he is now recovering and waiting for his echo. Please pray with us this day that it will be a 'good news' biopsy. Last Thursday we were also up here for his monthly IVIG treatment. It went well, but he was not the happiest little guy to spend a whole day in the hospital once again. Although, Mason is the bravest little boy I know!!!
(Mason is waiting at 630 am for his biopsy.)
As of now, we are hoping to have insurance coverage for Mason by sometime in October. We have looked into all our different options and are praying what we've chosen will work out. And if all goes well, we plan to visit Stanford the week of October 23.
I will post tomorrow w/ BIOPSY #9 results.
Thank you for all your support and also for sharing w/ me your different ideas about insurance options and transplant foundations. It has really helped!!!